AlwaysMed protects your privacy with HIPAA compliance.
At AlwaysMed we know that the security and confidentiality of your medical records and health information are critically important. Therefore, we hold ourselves to the highest standards possible. We voluntarily adhere to the strict federal regulatory standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule protecting an individual's right to health information privacy and security.
Consequently, AlwaysMed adheres to the following standards:
- All our employees and business associates receive certification in HIPAA Awareness and go through specialized security training programs.
- Our employees and business associates are bound by a Confidentiality Agreement, which requires the strictest level of confidentiality in handling your private medical records and personal .
- Patient Services Coordinators do not know any member passwords nor will they ask you for your password.
- All documents to be included in your personal Electronic Medical Record (EMR) are uploaded over a secure, encrypted connection.
- Members must log in to our password-secured site to upload or view documents, which are stored in an encrypted format.
- AlwaysMed maintains redundant servers. In the event of server or application failure, your health information and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) are securely accessible from a back-up server.
- In response to any level of network failure, web traffic is immediately rerouted to a backup server, allowing you uninterrupted and complete online access to your medical records, 24/7.
- Your data is protected through multiple levels of network security to prevent unauthorized access and to help protect the privacy and integrity of member data.
- AlwaysMed does not and will never sell or provide your health information and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to any commercial marketing entities.
Maintaining the highest level of privacy, security, and HIPAA compliance, is our priority.